Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Welcome Back, Sweet Owls

The fledgling screech owls came back for an early bath this morning -- a most welcome sight since we hadn't seen them for over a week. At 6:20 first one, then the other got in the birdbath and then bathed together. One of the parents was perched nearby. I wish I could share these images with my blog readers. Words just don't do justice to how charming it is to see these little creatures going about their ritual, dipping their heads, fluttering and fluffing their wings in the water, then staring out at the world with their big wide eyes. They're maturing now, almost the size of the parents, but fluffier and their coloring is not as defined. ...And to think that in February they didn't even exist! In March they were only eggs. ...The delightful miracles of nature and life.

As for me, I'm gradually recovering from this infection. I added a new medication for pain. I'm feeling better bit by bit. And biding my time until next Thursday's 6th and final chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment