I just got off the phone with HB. A wonderful call. She lifted my spirits. It's so cheering to laugh together. Without a doubt, I am very fortunate to have such a wealth of supportive friends.
I'm up later than usual on a weeknight and I'm enjoying breaking my own self-imposed rules...(Go to bed after the 10 o'clock news. Stop all stimulating activity at 10:30 and get in the mindset of preparing for a busy day at work tomorrow.) No! Talk and laugh with H instead!
I'm not going to work tomorrow. I'm going to spend 6 hours having an iron infusion. Dan and I will take reading materials, a sack lunch and maybe my laptop to entertain and sustain us for a day in the infusion room. ....I'm scared of having the tape over my stitches ripped off, yanking my tender, barely healing skin. I'm afraid of a nurse or technician saying, "Oh, no problem --rip, rip, rip!!!" H suggested I tell them my fear and I think I will. I feel some revulsion when I look at my incisions. Someone has SEWED on me!
Tried on a few wigs today and found one I really like! I wanted to buy it on the spot, but decided to wait to see if I can get my oncologist to write me a prescription for a "cranial prosthesis." Yep, that's medical talk for "wig." Honestly, this wig was so cute and manageable I liked it better than my own hair. And the price, quite reasonable at $235.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Testing
ReplyDeleteI've finally figured this damn thing out. Just want to say I can't wait to see you in your new wig. Remember the old song about having my "wig hat" on?? That's going to be you, sexy woman. So glad the universe heard my command to get you through yesterday easily. Hooray!! Love you, Hope
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! Glad you figured this blog posting out. Not as easy as I'd hoped. I feel your good vibes coming my way. Love you back! Jane
ReplyDelete