Sunday, July 4, 2010

Drat! Sick Again

I got another infection this weekend, had to call the after-hours doctor on call last night. But fortunately this time, no trip to the emergency room. Just a prescription for an antibiotic. I'm so tired of having my body compromised! When I'm doing my best, washing my hands all the time, using antibacterial hand gels, doing my best to stay away from sick people, I still get blindsided.

There is good news though. I'm very heartened to have stuck up an email correspondence with David Treadway, Ph.D., author of Home Before Dark. His successful journey to the survivor side of non-Hodgkins lymphoma reminds me that people get through this nightmare and continue to live productive, rewarding, and happy lives.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, Trying again to make a comment and hope it sticks. I am so sorry to hear about the infection, but also glad you didn't have to go to the hospital this time.

    Also, loved reading about your inspiration to get out of bed.

    Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara. Your efforts worked! Thanks for your kind thoughts. Now I'm doing better. (Added one more medication and it seems to help.)

    I hope all is well with you!

    Love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete