Today I'm doing pretty well physically. I worked full days yesterday and the day before and I plan to work today. I realize I'm a little depressed. My life recently has focused so much on enduring the chemo, doing my best to tolerate and ride out the side effects, then going back to work -- I miss having more fun. I feel "out of the loop." I've had to miss various work-related activities and social events because I didn't feel well or didn't have the energy. I'm used to being involved with my community and I feel isolated. I miss my friends and the hustle-bustle of an active social life.
This past weekend for the first time in quite a while I felt like reading. I started "Cleaving," a memoir by Julie Powell, author of "Julie and Julia." About 120 pages into the book, I want to strangle her, almost wish I could get a refund for the book!
What I still want to, need to learn and keep focusing on is living in the moment, in the present.
"As human beings, we have a working basis within ourselves that allows us to uplift our state of existence and cheer up fully. That working basis is always available to us. " - CTR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment