It has turned out to be a good day after all. In the morning I was able to get a little nap and then Dan and I went to the Crawfish Festival in Fredricksburg. We heard some cajun bands, ate some crawfish, then headed to Pedernales Falls. I love being by large rushing bodies of water. It was refreshing even though the water was warm to the touch. This evening we went to Central Market to watch the Salsa Dance Contest. There were 6 place-winners. We disagreed with the judges on most of their choices, but c'est la vie. ...Sure looks like a fun way to dance. I want to learn it!
Dan is watching the screech owl nest box right now. One of the little ones has been poking its head out every night for the past few nights but has yet to summon the courage to leave the nest. One or both parents have taken a bath in the birdbath every morning around 6:00 for the past 3 days. It's exciting and sweet and keeps us (Dan especially) glued to our binoculars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Those guys are a sure incentive to hop out of bed early!
ReplyDeleteYou're so right, Mary Sue! It's wonderful to have them in the back yard to look at. ...Hope you can come see them sometime. oxox, Jane
ReplyDelete