Another good day. I worked a full day today and will work through Wednesday, running my group Wednesday night. I'm waiting for Dan (back Wed.) and for chemo (on Thurs.). Doing my best to live in the present but having the feeling that the other shoe may be about to drop. There's also this other feeling of "Maybe I won't have any bad symptoms this time."
When I came home today from work there was another wrapped present (a hat!) in my mailbox. I think I know the secret giver. The hat is adorable -- pink and fuzzy. My head will be well adorned, whether with wigs or hats.
I do miss Dan. He's part of what makes this experience bearable for me. I want him to rub his hand over my head. And I want him back by my side for whatever happens next.
...Hopefully we'll be able to watch our little owls fledge soon.
For the most part, I am feeling quite lucky and fortunate today. I'm well-fed, I have shelter, a rewarding job, and people who love me. And, believe it or not, I feel I have my health. Today I do! (Good energy, no nausea, and no headaches.) ...I know people who have it much harder.
A reminder from LT: "Pay it forward."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment