It's Friday morning and I'm a little shaky, but I slept well. Profuse sweating during the night which is unusual for me. It didn't really bother me because I was able to sleep soundly. I'd wake up briefly, notice I was sweating, feel a little wave of chill, then quickly fall back asleep.
Yesterday I received in the mail something I'd ordered and was happy to get: some CD's from Sounds True about people's cancer stories and cancer lessons. It's called "Cancer as a Turning Point: From Surviving to Thriving." The CD's have 9 different speakers, including survivors, healers, analysts, and story tellers -- Jean Shinoda Bolen, Joan Borysenko, Marion Woodman and others. This morning I listened to one segment as I lay resting in bed. It was Dawna Markova, Ph.D. telling about her many years of cancer survival and people's reactions, including her own. As I listened I felt understood, inspired, and well fed. It was like having my own little support group at my fingertips. I look forward to having this to listen to in the coming days which will probably include some rough times.
Thank you to all who sent me well wishes, thoughts, and prayers yesterday. I really appreciate it! Each time I go for chemo I take you with me in my heart and wear the healing necklace from LM, the bracelet from RM and group. I had nice visits from LM and my sister-in-law Kathy. It was good to have Dan with me all day. ...I had a few deep, completely out-of-it naps.
And now, to take my Prednisone ...get it over with for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment