I'm hoping I can have a day of no talking today as I give my voice a rest. (Emails are still welcome!) I didn't sleep as well as I'd hoped last night, but I did get a few continuous hours, and that's the best I've had in 4 nights. I can feel the antibiotic working to break up my congestion. I had some break-through coughing early this morning as it was getting close to time for my next dose. But now, as I type, I'm not coughing and my breathing is the best it's been in days.
I need to make one outing today -- to go pick up my taxes from my accountant. I won't need to talk much, but don't really feel like putting on my wig. I'm glad I have such a good wig -- one that looks natural and very much like my own hair. But it gets tiring to wear it. It's uncomfortable around my ears -- first I want the mesh of the wig under my ears, then over them. If it's under them, my ears feel cold; if it's over them, my ears feel mashed to my head. The first day I wore it at work I could only tolerate it for about 2 hours at a time. Behind closed doors, I would pull it off. My head was cold and I didn't have my fuzzy warm cap, so I wrapped my head in a shawl. When I'm at home resting or relaxing I usually wear my cap.
Saw a red-bellied woodpecker in the back yard this morning -- beautiful! Dan would be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, *that's* the wig! It really does look nice -- very natural.
ReplyDeleteMy mom tells a story from when she was little about a man with a long beard who came into her father's general store regularly and was asked one day whether he slept with his beard under or outside the covers. A few days later, the man came back and was very angry at the person who asked him about his beard habits, saying that when he went home to sleep that night he pulled up the covers over his beard, but it didn't feel right. So he put his beard outside the covers and that didn't feel right either. He said bitterly that he had barely gotten any sleep for days, because he couldn't relax in bed anymore. I think you see where this is going.
Thanks, Ralph! And it's a funny story. ;-)
ReplyDelete