Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's So Unpredictable

I had thought I might be feeling better by now, 6 days after the first chemo. But my energy level and feeling of overall sickness/wellness seem to come and go at their own whim. This is hard -- nausea, headaches, constipation, total lack of appetite and utter fatigue. I had thought surely I'd be up for going to brunch at our neighbors' this morning, but now I'm not so sure. I really want to go! I can certainly relate to what my brother-in-law said about his cancer and his energy -- when he'd mow the lawn he'd mow one strip, take a rest, and then mow another strip, then rest again. That's how I've been this morning with a few minor chores. When I have a small burst of pep it's a great feeling. I just never know how long it will last.

Tomorrow I'll see Dr. S, will have my labwork done and get a chicken pox vaccine. I'll ask him for some input on these annoying, sometimes incapacitating problems.

Most fun part of last night: downloading and then dancing with Dan to Nancy Sinatra singing "Sugartown"!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you keep dancing. When Dan goes on the ship, I'll come dance with you to something wicked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Hope! I look forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete