Saturday, May 8, 2010

Good Use for My Bald Head...

...listening and dancing to Devo's "Whip It." "...When a problem comes along, you can whip it!" Yes, that's what I intend to do!

I'm still feeling good. At home, alone this evening I'm okay with being bald. I like the way I look. There's no one to see me but me. And I have no complaints healthwise right now. I'm seeing this as one chapter in my life. Bought some "skinny-ass" jeans yesterday since all my jeans were too big. I may outgrow these when the chemo is over. For now I'm going to buy and enjoy what's flattering instead of wearing baggy jeans that look sloppy and detract from my self-esteem. I'm also getting a new wig -- one that's a long, rather flouncy bob. I plan to enjoy the flounce. Dan will be back Wednesday. I'm going to flirt with my husband!

Went to DC's memorial today. His death was so untimely, shocking and painful for so many. He impacted my life for the better. The world doesn't feel right without him in it.

My next chemo (#3) will be this coming Thursday. I almost feel dissociated from the Jane who goes for chemotherapy, who shows up where all the other bald people go, gets blood taken, sucked out of my port. (Who is that Jane? ...I don't want to know!) ...I DID NOT LIKE being drugged on Benadryl! It felt creepy. I didn't feel like me.

Note to self: need to/want to keep my regular meditation practice going. Keep reading "Shambhala: the Sacred Path of the Warrior."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,

    Just checked in and was very happy to see that things are going well with you lately. Glad you feel better and are in goof spirits. The mystery hat (not me) sounds lovely. You should post a picture with it on.

    Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I would love to see you whipping it in your skinny jeans. Keep your groove on. See you soon, Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ralph and Hope. I took a photo of me in the hat -- not quite post-worthy. I may try again later.

    Yes, Hope, see you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete