Monday, May 3, 2010

On an Upswing

I'm feeling good. Yesterday I mowed the front lawn. (Hooray!) Then went to the art fair, "Handmade Austin Women." Loved hearing the clucking of chickens and crowing of a rooster near the studio. I have energy and want to do things. Feel a need to get things done -- bring some order to the chaos that happens when I'm sick and barely functioning. I want to work, pay bills, go through the mail, and connect with friends and family before the next slam of chemo hits me.

And somehow I need to counsel myself the next time I'm in that horrible, miserable place of suffering ...that it will pass.

3 comments:

  1. You had a very full day, and even gave your friend, Barbara, some support, which she really appreciates. I think it is a really good sign that you recover so well from the chemo treatments.

    Love, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I am so glad you are feeling better. Last week sounded truly horrible. I am so appreciative of your sharing your experience with this monster. Thinking of you with lots of positive and hopeful thoughts, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Barbara and Sharon. It really helps me to feel seen and heard by you...and I do. I appreciate you joining me on my journey.

    ReplyDelete